ABOUT THE COMPANY – OLD MUTUAL
Old Mutual is Southern Africa’s most well-established and biggest financial services provider, providing services to individuals and businesses. The companies personal finance solutions include a range of insurance cover options and savings plans for individuals, including financial planning; retirement planning; education planning; savings and investments; disability and severe illness cover; wills and trusts; short-term insurance life insurance and funeral cover.
The companies business solutions include institutional investing; retirement investments; consulting services; retirement fund solutions; corporate servicing; cell captive solutions; employee well being; risk and disability benefits; business insurance and agriculture insurance.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
The Old Mutual Accountancy Bursary will be awarded for those studying Accounting at the University of Cape Town or Stellenbosch University.
The bursary will cover the following expenses: tuition fees, accommodation in residence, prescribed books, general allowance and one return flight home each year for learners studying outside of their hometown.
Students will be required to commit to the Old Mutual CA Training Programme, take part in vacation work and on completion of your studies you must work at the company for a specific duration of time.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Black student (African/ Coloured/ Chinese/ Indian)
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Achieved a minimum Level 6 or 70% for all subjects in Matric, including English and Mathematics (NOT Mathematical Literacy)
- Studying or intend on studying towards an Accounting qualification
- Studying or intend on studying at one of the following tertiary institutes: University of Cape Town or Stellenbosch University
- Intend on pursuing a career in Chartered Accounting
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://www.oldmutual.co.za/careers-centre/learners-and-school-leavers/accounting-bursaries
You may be required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Grade 11 final results, if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate/ final results, if completed Matric or currently at University
- Latest tertiary academic record, if currently at University
Not disclosed (applications currently open).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Old Mutual directly:
Accounting Bursaries contact
Tel: 021 21 509 2656 / 021 504 7285