ABOUT THE COMPANY – CHIETA
The Chemical Industries Education & Training Authority (CHIETA) was established by the Skills Development Act (1998) and began operating in 2000. CHIETA was established in order to assist with skills development within the chemical industries sector, as well as to guarantee that required skills are identified and addressed by SETA initiatives and the sector.
The statutory body has the vision of providing education and training to the chemical industries sector that is in line with global standards.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The CHIETA bursary programme is intended for deserving students pursuing their studies in the sub-sectors of: Pharmaceuticals; Base Chemicals; Surface Coatings; Speciality Chemicals; Petroleum; Fertilisers; Explosives; Glass and Fast Moving Consumer Goods.
The following fields of study will receive preference when bursaries are awarded:
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Analytical Chemistry
- Biomedical Technology
- Polymer Technology
- Operations Management
The bursary award will cover the cost of tuition fees, to a maximum value of R76 000/ annum. Any balance of funds not spent on tuition fees, can be used to cover the cost of prescribed books and other study related expenses.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback by 17 August 2018 at the latest, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Between 16 and 35 years old
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Passed Mathematics and Physical Science in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited public tertiary institution in South Africa
- If currently studying, must have passed all subjects/ modules for the previous year or semester
- NOT currently in receipt of any other bursary awards
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the CHIETA Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary statement of results, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Statement of final results for end of 2017 OR full statement of results for 2018 (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (payslips if employed: certified copies/ affidavit if unemployed/ pension slip if a pensioner)
- Proof of tertiary registration (to be submitted before signed bursary contract, if receiving a bursary)
- If you have siblings registered at a tertiary institution, copy of their proof of registration
Applications must be submitted to:
Strategic Projects & WIL
2 Clamart Road
31 July 2018 (at 15:00).
(Applications for 2019 will open on 4 June 2018.)
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact CHIETA directly:
Contact People: Mahlatse Xinzi/ Princess Moumakoe
Tel: 011 628 7000